Saturday, October 21, 2006

Media loons

In case you missed the email exchange, which was sparked Julie Burchill's letter to the Sunday Times Letters page, responding to a India Knight column last Sunday defending the wearing of the veil, which annoyed Julie Burchill no end and prompted her to send an open letter suggesting India visit a mosque "after covering your filthy female head in the Islamist fashion, of course, and spread your glad tidings that 'Muslims are the new Jews'. You'd be lucky to get out alive."

To: letters@sunday-times.co.uk
From: Julie Burchill

Dear India Knight,
I dare you to walk into any mosque - after covering your filthy female head in the Islamist fashion, of course - and spread your glad tidings that "Muslims are the new Jews."
You'll be lucky if you get out alive.
Yours sincerely,
JB
PS: I see that your new book is a compilation of 'dirty bits' from novels. I'd love to know how this fits in with your new found love of feminine modesty and discretion.

To: Julie Burchill
From: India Knight

Oh, for fuck's sake. I don't have a "newfound love of modesty and discretion" - I just don't despise people on the basis of what they wear.
Regards,
IK

To: India Knight
From: Julie Burchill

What, not even the working class slags in crop tops you're forever slagging off, you hypocritical snob?

To: Julie Burchill
From: India Knight

I do NOT slag off working class people in crop tops, you fucking loon. Where? When? Why would I slag them off? I am many things but I am not a snob. God, you're driving me mad. Go away.

To: India Knight
From: Julie Burchill

I wrote to the letters page, not YOU, you stalking cretin. Why dont you fuck off and turn yet another of your husbands gay?

8 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Lost Boy said...

As Shakin' Stevens said: 'Oh JULIE'. She can't help herself, can she?

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous the online gay-no straight-no gay- no straight- columist who would NEVER shag Tony Parson said...

I have a very similar sort of conversation with my bank manager these days.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous confused from hammersmith said...

good point though, muslims ARE the new jews. and jews are the old christians. and christians are the new hindus.

are agnostics the new black? I heard grey is the new black but it seems a bit too ambiguous to me.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Mel Gibson said...

JEWlie was bound to take offense though wasn't she? Because she's Jewish herself. They all are aren't they?

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Peter Hitchens said...

I'm Jewish and I find that comment repugnant. Shame on you Mel. If it wasn't for my brother having a similar attitude to drink I'd nip over there and slap you.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous christopher hitchens said...

honestly officer i've only had a few ales

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous and I said...

I demand to have more Jews!

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous is russell brand jewish? said...

oooi vey.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home