Monday, July 03, 2006

Pizza month

I eat a lot of pizza so consider myself something of an expert, but even I was left wondering by Papa John's new online service.

The pizza company has relaunched its website and claims to be the only pizza delivery chain with an extended ordering service that allows customers to order pizza up to 30 days in advance.

Who orders pizza a month in advance? It goes against the whole culture of pizza, it really does.

It could possibly just be me. I order pizza, you know, pretty much on the spur of the moment. You get home, you don't want to cook or go out so you order pizza. I dial my favourite place in Crouch End and a Polish guy turns up 30 minutes or so later. Maybe he's from Lithuania. Who knows.

Still it seems to be working. Papa John’s say that since it introduced the new online ordering functionality its online orders have doubled.

Maybe there is a world out there so very organised that right now they are planning August 3's fast food feast.

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Family Values said...

I just feel sorry for Mama John having to make all those pizzas. Mamma Mia!!

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Sonny John said...

Could they do a preorder service for late night kebabs?

You know sometimes Gordon you just KNOW you're going to go out and get wrecked and want a kebab. But then sometimes you stay out so late drinking the kebab shops are all closed. This is a GREAT IDEA.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous The Impailer said...

Shame on you Gordon Sir for not knowing my name. I am Vlad your Friendly Eastern European Pizza Delivery Boy. Allow me to offer you some complimentry garlic bread with your meal Dir.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home