Friday, June 02, 2006

Steps acting

There's good news and bad news. H from Steps is making his acting debut on the BBC Asian Network's daily soap.

So yes, he is going to act but it's on radio and it's on a nice quiet corner of digital radio where he is unlikely to offend too many. Fingers crossed.

I'm not sure how he got the work. He is supposed to be playing the role of someone called Dave - a survival skills expert who runs adventure weeks for inner-city youths in the Welsh countryside.

Well I guess he was always pretty camp.

But more seriously, since leaving Steps, who gave us such tunes as ‘5,6,7, 8’ and ‘Tragedy’, H retrained as an actor at the Royal Academy of Music and in New York.

Well it’s paid off. Today BBC Asian Network's daily soap, and tomorrow? Let’s not think about tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous give 'im a break said...

good luck to him. he's out there trying to make a living and despite Steps, does still deserve a chance. Just because he's not your cup of tea doesn't mean he should be unemployed all his life.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous danny the drug dealer said...

I know this old chestnut keeps rearing it's head but at the end of the day what's this story got to do with media, marketing or advertising? This isn't smash hits man.

They'll be selling hippy wigs in woolworths next

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Smash Hits? Remember "print is dead" and Smash Hits is buried.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous withnail said...

And yet it lives on, like Spock in the Star Trek films. It's still a functioning website, tv channel and texting service is it not?

And THAT is how we move, in just a few easy steps (ho ho) from H to media and marketing. You don't need to thank me maan.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous not really relevant but then what's new on this blog? said...

So I was wearing quite a natty tie to work yesterday. Basically because I had a meeting with an 'important' client. As I returned from lunch I walked past David Furnish. Yes, THE David Furnish as in 'My partner David Furnish'. He was wearing bright white shoes and was on his mobile phone. As I walked past, all boyish charm and garish tie, he raised his hand to cover his hand set, looked me up and down before saying 'nice....tie'. I tell no word of a lie. (ooh that rhymed). I've not felt that good since the owner of the company I work for shook my hand and said 'Don't step back'.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous i love gordons (b)log said...

i agree with everything you said gordon.

you had me at hello xxx

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home