Friday, March 03, 2006

Lace lunch

If you were Garry Lace where would you go this lunchtime? Of course the Ivy would have to be your destination, and that's where Lace was this afternoon. Possibly just to show the industry that he was not hiding away… or maybe just because it's Friday.

Lace was just a tantalising two tables along with a mystery guest.

When I sat down, my lunch partner was sort of tipping his head slightly as I started to talk, possibly too loudly (it's been known), about our Lowe/Lace story this morning, before I clocked Lace chatting two tables along to our left.

We both sat there for a while, scratching our combined industry contact book, trying to work out who he was with, but sadly no luck.

Lace's lunch guest looked like an ad man. He definitely wasn't a lawyer, the no tie and slightly ruffled hair decided that, but quite who he was exactly we couldn’t decide.

There was the small hope that Lace would stop by and say hello to my lunch time contact on his way out, introducing his dinning partner at the same time, but he was still there after we left.

I'd like to say that I spotted him drowning his sorrows, but as far as I could tell he was drinking water. What is the ad industry coming to.

3 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that by design or by accident (your sitting two tables away, not Lace's drowning in water)?

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Totally by accident, amuusing coincidence, in a "you'll never guess who was in the same restaurant today" kind of way.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find The Ivy a bit 85 for my liking, La Caprice is for the better styled kinda guy

AT

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home